Safer Garden State Resources
Below, please find presentation materials from “Safer Garden State” instructors who chose to share resources with NJCASA.
Please note, the materials linked to on this page are the copyrighted property of the presenters and do not necessarily represent the views of NJCASA, NJCEDV, or its affiliates.
Opening Remarks – Patricia Teffenhart, MPA, NJCASA
Morning Workshops (10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- Safety & Respect For All – Phil McCabe, NALGALP Inc. – Presentation
- Key Findings from the N.J. Domestic Violence Fatality/Near-Fatality Review Board – Sarah McMahon, Rutgers University, Susan Rovi, Ph.D. – Presentation
- Addressing Violence Against Women with Developmental Disabilities – Traci Burton, Disability Health & Wellness Initiative, Colleen Roche, N.J. Division of Disability Services – Presentation
- Speaking the Language of Engagement for Young Men – Abdul Staten – Presentation
- Alcohol-Facilitated Sexual Assault – Viktoria Kristiansson – Presentation
Afternoon I Session (1:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.)
- Overview and Prevention of Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking in N.J. – Carrie Speiser, Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey – Presentation
- The Intersection of Domestic & Sexual Violence and Health – Linda Sloan Locke + Ginette Castro – Presentation
- Sexual Assault & Rape in Correctional Facilities – Letisha Hemanes MCall – Presentation
Afternoon Session II (3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Medical Forensic Exam: The Intersection Between Sexual and Domestic Violence – Eileen Caraker, RN, Lynn Rybicki, RN – Presentation
- Co-Occurrence of Sexual Abuse & Domestic Violence: Addressing Intimate Partner Sexual Violence – Presentation
- Examining Domestic Violence at the Intersection of Race, Gender, and Sexual Assault – Megan Mohr-Murphy, The Women’s Center – Presentation
- Addressing & Preventing Bullying in Schools – Stuart Green, NJ Coalition for Bullying Awareness / Prevention – Presentation
Spread the word – download conference graphics and share on Facebook or Twitter!