Dear Friends and Allies:
This has been an incredible year for the New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault (NJCASA)! In 2015, with your support, we:
- Passed the Sexual Assault Survivor Protection Act of 2015 (A4078/S2686) , a critical law that expands the provision of restraining orders to a great number of sexual assault survivors;
- Successfully advocated for a $3.2M increase in the FY16 NJ State Budget, allocated to support sexual violence service providers throughout the state;
- Updated the training curriculum for Confidential Sexual Violence Advocates to ensure consistent and effective advocacy for survivors across the state;
- Led statewide efforts to increase public awareness of sexual violence during Sexual Assault Awareness Month; and
- Refined our innovative sexual violence prevention curriculum, Gender and Violence: How Media Shape Our Culture.
We know that our success this year is a testament to the ways in which our communities have rallied around our collective vision of safer, more equitable communities, so WE THANK YOU for your support!
Giving Tuesday is a great time to help us keep the momentum going. In celebration of our largest legislative accomplishment this year, the passing of the Sexual Assault Survivor Protection Act of 2015, we ask that you make a donation in an amount that corresponds to the bill’s legislative numbers (A4078/S2686):
To support NJCASA’s work throughout the year, please consider making this a monthly sustaining gift.
Your donation will help fund our ability to support local programs, expand our ground-breaking prevention work, and continue our advocacy on behalf of all survivors. We are grateful for your contribution and ongoing support of NJCASA’s efforts. Together, we can create a better world.
Patricia Teffenhart, MPA